We know how important people are to your business, so we’ve compiled a set of resources on hiring, interviewing, and onboarding. Most importantly, remember that recruiting is sales. The best people are likely not looking for a job, and to get them into your company you need to convince them about the company, its vision, and its growth prospects.
Hiring Best Practices
- Hiring Best Practices, by IGNIA.
- Hiring Tips, by Paul English (Co-Founder, Kayak).
- The most common mistakes made by startups through the hiring process, by Willy Braun (daphni).
- How to pick the right people for your stage of business, by Tim Jackson.
- Principles of Engineering Hiring/Management, by Yishan Wong (Former CEO, Reddit).
- Recruiting Calculator, by Sequoia Capital.
- 40 favorite interview questions from some of the sharpest folks we know, by First Round Capital.
- The Best Interview Questions We’ve Ever Published, by First Round Capital.
- The 15 best questions to ask executives, by Red Whale.
- Onboarding best practices, by Sequoia Capital and Square.
- Our 6 must-reads for onboarding practices that help new hires succeed, by First Round Review.
- Research summary of onboarding best practices, by Society for Human Resource Management.
To kickstart your growth (or entry into the Mexican market), we’ve put together a private pre-vetted list of recruiters cross-listed by their specialty/focus. This list is limited to IGNIA’s portfolio.